Upgrading to 16.04 can render the system permanently broken

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 25 22:24:13 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:41:34PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Seems that upgrading from Ubuntu 15.10 to 16.04 right now is very likely to
> permanently broke the entire operating system, due to a unmet dependency on
> gconf.
>
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gconf/+bug/1551623)

I'd comment in the bug but since you aren't subscribed to it, I wasn't
sure you'd see it.

What version of apt did you have installed on the system from which you
were trying to upgrade?  You can find out by looking in
/var/log/dist-upgrade/main.log at the line that includes "apt version".

--
Brian Murray