replacing the Startup Disk Creator

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 01:03:28 UTC 2015

Been following this discussion.

Frankly I will, and tell people, when something works in a particular
set of circumstances use A or B or C, depending on circumstance.

Earlier in the discussion 2 rather important points were made

1 - many of the reported issues are corner cases

2 - the 'poll' is a small group - that's going to always be our case,
especially there. In particular this group will be made up of those
who've 'never posted before' and the always present 'vocal group'

In this case the vocal group is one which as soon as a dev cycle
finishes moves on to the next. Not perhaps what the list Marc gives us
earlier is aimed at. What we should all be focussing on is the early
'linux for humans' vibe.

Talk of dd, random applications, expectations of what root is, aren't that.

On 19/09/15 01:42, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> [snip] Every bug is important. What's needed is volunteers to help fix
> them. Marc.
And snip most of the rest of the thread, leaving the most important part.

Kudos for those willing to at least try and move things - even of the
moving eventually results in the status quo with cleared bugs

regards