Issue found in "Online Accounts" for Google

NikTh nikth76 at yandex.com
Fri Jan 2 04:17:33 UTC 2015

On 01/02/2015 12:36 AM, Alejandro wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu team.
> Don't know if it's here where I should post the problems I find and let
> the team know about them.
>
> I did a fresh installation of latest gnome and ubuntu 14.04, and did the
> "Online accounts" configuration with Facebook and Google.
> Everytime I turn on my computer the "online accounts" manager asks for
> my password for google account. I have the "Two steps verification" in
> my google configuration.
>
> Thanks for your attention.
>
> Alex

If you have the two steps verification on, then you should generate a
new random password from within your Google account settings[1] for this
specific App and give this password to the accounts manager.
Have you already done that?

Also, can you see the GNOME in this page[2] ?

Better would be to share this question at this list[3]

[1] https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
[2] https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
[3] ubuntu-users[AT]lists.ubuntu.com.