Volunteers needed -- Automated Image Testing for flavors

Sujeevan (svij) Vijayakumaran svij at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 4 17:19:28 UTC 2015

Hey,

Am 04.08.2015 um 19:12 schrieb Nicholas Skaggs:
> On 08/04/2015 10:40 AM, Shrinivasan T wrote:
>>> I don't have experience with amazon aws/ec2, if theres something wrong,
>>> please correct me.
>> I have a  EC-2 instance.
>>
>> How to check if it supports virtualization?
>>
>> If you tell to run something on it and share the results, I can do it.
>>

> Shrinivasan, if you wish to try,
> https://code.google.com/p/xen-blanket/wiki/InstallOnEC2 seems like the
> way to do it. Note it requires and HVM. Looks like they use centos in
> their example though, and it's a quite dated. Hence my thoughts are that
> it's unlikely to be successful. I don't know of anything else that
> claims to allow nested virtualization.

Uh, I don't think we need that…

Trying to run the tests on a ec2 instance should be the way to go. See
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/trunk/view/head:/autopilot/README.md#L69

This script uses local kvm on ec2 to boot the isos as it seems for me on
the first quick look… If that script starts, than it should work fine
for our tests.

-- Sujeevan