Install bugs on wiki improvement

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Apr 14 19:54:04 UTC 2015

On 04/14/2015 12:01 PM, Brendan Perrine wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Overview/Install_Bugs
>
> It seems to mention apport-cli --save is only useful when you don't have internet access. Shouldn't it also say if X11 fails to start on the installer for an iso but you do have network access you can transfer to another machine and then report from there. I don't want to go unilaterly changing wiki pages however. I have done enough testing to understand this but new members to the team may not and this could cause them to become frustrated.

This is an excellent point. There are other use cases for uses
apport-cli -- I've even used it in cases where I had no internet at all,
and wrote down the unique URL to submit from a connect device. Be
careful with this option though as the URL will eventually time out.

Anyways, please do update the page Brendan. Good catch, and thanks!