Unity team members, please review bug 1170647

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 01:57:16 UTC 2014

Alberto Salvia Novella:
> Unity team members; please review
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1170647>

Also make sure to read
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1170647/comments/81>.

Charles Profit:
 > I have been living with this bug for a while and never considered it
 > deeply. I will say that I find it counter intuitive as well as
 > inconsistent. While I agree that the effort does not seem worth it, I
 > will also say that I think it gives the impression of poor quality of
 > the overall product.

This is what I perceive:

Why the bug is taking this long to be fixed?
- Because people aren't deciding on it.

Why?
- Because they are trying to fix as much bugs as possible, instead of
fixing them in a one by one manner with the perspective of them being
solved forever.

Why?
- Because they think the root cause of bugs are punctual mistakes,
instead of weak points in designs in applications and management that
bring bugs over and over.

Why?
- Because formal training educates people in solving problems locally,
instead of taking the time of figuring out what the hell is really going
on in start.

Why?
- Because formal education comes from a tradition where manpower and raw
materials were the asset: the industrial era. Where today; with
unlimited access to technology, knowledge, and raw materials worldwide;
the asset is figuring out how to set up these all together in the best
way as possible. So going to the root causes of problems, as done by the
Five Questioning method in this example.

If you see the root, you see the tree.