Enabling Cmake for all the core apps

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Thu Feb 13 04:35:15 UTC 2014

Well, this took much longer than I expected, but cmake is now enabled
for all the core apps. Cmake wizards please feel free to flail me for
anything non-optimal, there is always room for improvement.

On that note, while generating the cmakelists for each app, I noticed
that clock has laid out it's qml rather nicely making it very easy to
make a build file for it. Namely, the main qml was in the main
directory, with all other qml files nested under seperate subdirs.
Inside the main qml, an import to each subdir was given, very easy
layout to follow. I'd encourage you to consider keeping your projects
clean and easy to build going forward.

Also of note, as part of creating the build, I finished the partial
rename of ubuntu-rssreader to shorts-app. The test suite has been
updated and the everything should continue to work as usual. Note that
I've asked CI to reflect this name change;
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ci-services-itself/+bug/1279643. Until
they update the test runner, by default it's going to fail to merge.
There are no pending merges and this should be a simple matter to
update. If you run into an error before the runner is updated, simply
ping myself (balloons).

Speaking of building, you can now easily build click packages and ready
them for deployment to your device. Check out click-buddy in the
phablet-tools package. It's now possible to do something like this;

bzr branch lp:ubuntu-clock-app
cd ubuntu-clock-app
click-buddy --dir .
or
click-buddy --dir . --provision

The --provision will push the click package to the device and ready it
to run tests. Both will build a click package in the base directory.
Enjoy your cmake goodness!

Nicholas