New member

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Fri Oct 25 18:45:24 UTC 2013

We <3 automated tests!

Wonderful to hear from you Richard. We would love help on any of the
automated test projects we have going on. There is some really cool work
going on. Do check out the test writer page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Roles/TestWriter

The official documentation for autopilot including tutorial is here:
http://unity.ubuntu.com/autopilot/. There's a quick tutorial for a qml
app too:
http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/tutorials/quality/how-to-write-autopilot-tests/.
Finally, there's a video as well of writing tests for a couple of qml
apps -- it's quite long, but covers everything from checking out the
code to submitting the merge :-): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD_e_xqlBbg

Mostly, I would encourage you to pick a test or project to contribute to
and dive in! Ask questions and we'll help. Getting your first merge
proposal in is a wonderful feeling, and we're happy to help you do so.
Feel free to show up on IRC at get realtime help as well. We're in
#ubuntu-quality on freenode.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-quality

Thanks for wanting to help and welcome!

Nicholas