How do YOU report your bugs during .iso testing???

Adrian Goodyer adriangoodyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 22:50:01 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering what methods people use to report their bugs when .iso
testing?

For example, I typically access a virtual console on the VM (or hw test
machine) by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2 and then due to the difficulty of
displaying a browser window in the command line environment, I then ssh in
from another machine with the -X parameter and run 'ubuntu-bug ubiquity'
(as a typical example) from there. Finally I then complete the bug report
in the browser on a different machine, ensuring I get the most accurate
information available to attach for the developers.

Are there any other ways that anyone knows of or consistently uses
themselves??

I seem to remember (admittedly, I may of dreamt this here!) a simple way of
using the usual Ctrl + Alt + T to access a gnome terminal whilst the
install window was working in the background, I could even get a browser
window... was I just dreaming???...

Ade.