Creating a hardware profile for the iso testing tracker

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 07:04:43 UTC 2013

Hi Phill,

This is a great idea and IMHO, has to be done long time ago but never too
late :)
One Q and remember, I'm not a security expert or something:

Don't you think the information about a tester's machine is too much? each
and every port is posted and everyone can see it. Doesn't that a bit risky?
I'm asking this Q because I believe in: "better safe than sorry" and the
long list is a bit risky and makes me wonder:
Do the Devs need ALL that? really?

IMHO, as far as I've seen so far at least, what does really matter is:
CPU
RAM
Graphics Adapter

Usually, other hardware don't really make a huge difference but I could be
wrong.

If I know the answer, I wouldn't ask so I appreciate if someone could
answer :)

Thank you!

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Hardware has been created, feel
> free to add your profiles!
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>

> On 11 June 2013 21:15, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>

>> On 11 June 2013 21:15, Phill Whiteside <PhillW at phillw.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  The command generates errors on my hardware (AMD64 chip). I've asked
>>> Jonathan to have a look at it as there must be some difference beween the
>>> PPC-Mac output and that of an AMD64 machine.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Phill.

>>> --
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
>>>
>>> --
>>> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
>>>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*