[Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] Autopilot Emulator for ubuntu sdk apps is now a part of the sdk!

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Mon Aug 5 15:32:09 UTC 2013

John, let's answer your questions.

The emulator is intended as a way of making it easier for you to write a
test, as well as provide the best practices for doing so. For example,
everyone (almost) in the core apps has a toolbar. How should I open and
close it? How about tabs, how do I cycle through those? Using the
emulator gives you a easy function to call to help you out, and prevents
all the tests from doing it there own way, or worse, copying code
everywhere ;-)

Running the tests, and seeing the emulator is the same as any test.
autopilot run ..... And there is no difference visually running a test
using the emulator vs not. It's about making your test easier to
understand, cleaner to maintain, and faster to write.

Nicholas