Firefox and google-chrome

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 08:30:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM, "Víctor R. Ruiz" <victor.ruiz at canonical.com
> wrote:

>   I use Chromium on an Acer Aspire One and it doesn't crash... well, the
> application itself: the tabs do, because of memory. Chromium is known for
> its large memory footprint. By the way, it actually can be tweaked to trade
> memory use and render times:
> http://dev.chromium.org/**developers/design-documents/**process-models<http://dev.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/process-models>(haven't done any serious tests myself).
>
>   Greetings,

Hello Victor :)

Not sure if you have 512MB of RAM or more but for me, I'm giving up on
Chromium and the first thing I shall do after installing Lubuntu (as long
as Chromium will be shipped by default) is to install Firefox or any other
browser. I can't take the pain this browser is causing on low machines and
I don't want to try un-official PPA for it, I'm starting to have some
security concerns recently due to some weird stuff happened to me.

Anyway, here is a screenshot: http://i46.tinypic.com/30rl72u.jpg

This is Lubuntu 13.04 Beta 2 and my test machine is Intel Core Due @1.86GHz
and 488MB RAM.

I opened that link you provided (thanks for that) but didn't have the time
to read it but I will take a look :)

Thank you!

P.S.
Before I write this email, Chromium crashed while ONE tab is opened and
LXTerminal. Once I opened LXTerminal, I got:
http://i50.tinypic.com/15of7zp.jpg
So, it does crash even with one tab :D

--
*Best Regards,