[Ubuntu-laptop-testing] Join Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) Final Beta Laptop Testing

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Apr 9 14:53:24 UTC 2013

Chris, the first is a kernel bug.. And it's a regression from precise it
seems. Has the kernel team seen the issue? They would ask you to run
different kernels and perhaps an upstream or mainline kernel to diagnose
where the issue lies. If you can pinpoint when/where it was introduced,
there's a good chance for fixing it.

The wireless bug linked is interesting -- sounds like there is a
workaround. Again if it's straightforward, I'm curious what the
ramifications are for it wanting to use the wrong driver. Is your
hardware reporting the wrong thing? Or is the driver reporting to work
with your hardware when it doesn't? Sometimes it's the case of quirky
hardware where fixing it for you would require breaking it for everyone
else.. I'm not sure if that's the case here.

Nicholas