Weekly Meeting Format and day/time poll

Carla Sella carla.sella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:44:10 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 06:03 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> I decided to split this off into it's own thread to make following the
> conversation easier :-)
> --
> I would like to discuss and hear options for how we meet as a
> community in "realtime". Currently we're using IRC for this, but I
> know the timing and format doesn't work out well for many of you.
> Suggestions have been made to use streamed google hangouts in
> conjunction with IRC, or something else. I'd like your feedback on our
> format for this in addition to voicing your opinion on when we should
> meet by voting in this poll. We had a poll last cycle and ended up at
> a current day and time, but few who voted have found the time
> convenient :-) Don't forget to select your timezone before filling in
> the times! In addition what does everyone think about reducing the
> time to 30 mins? I'd like to respect everyone's time and make it
> easier to attend, so I propose we only plan to meet for 30 mins.
>
> http://whenisgood.net/rgzmaa9
>
> Nicholas

I think IRC is just fine, my problem is at what time the meetings are
held, if meetings could get held at the times I indicated in the poll I
would surely  attend them.
I also think that  maybe Google Hangouts are fine for training, IRC is
just OK for meetings.
If reducing time to 30 mins gives us enough time to discuss everything
then thats also fine for me, otherwise we could just leave the previous
timing and end the meeting before if there is nothing to else discuss,
let's just let the meetings take as long as it needs to discuss what is
needed each time.

Carla.

--
Carla Sella