Test Cases wiki questions

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sun Jan 29 14:58:41 UTC 2012

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:52:04 +1030
Andrew McDonnell <bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new here, still feeling my way around :-)
>
> is it possible to file a bug against the test cases and wiki? or are we
> allowed to simply edit this?
>
> I have some questions / issues:
>

> On https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/FAQ
>
> 'The Live CD installer crashes -- Can be a wide range of issues, but bugs can
> be filed agaist ubiquity and will be triaged from there. '
>
> The link to ubiquity in the above -
> https://bugs.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bugs - is broken for
> me with a DNS failure
>

> On http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/DesktopLiveSession
>
> the procedure for actually enabling persistence is a little ambiguous I would
> like to extend it to something along the lines of
>
> "hit a key when the little icon shows at the bottom of the screen after CD
> booting starts,
> then press F6, then you have to hit ESC to hide the little ACPI options menu,
> then you actually are focussed on the kernel command line and can hit SPACE
> followed by persistence"
>
> Or am I over doing it i.e. is this sort of thing assumed knowledge for testers?
>

> Third:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Activities#Bugs -->
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs specifically mentions a
> separate Kubuntu page - is anyone aware of a separate Xubuntu page?
>

> Andrew

For the most part, Xubuntu follows the Ubuntu processes. All bugs are
reported directly to launchpad the same as for Ubuntu. Kubuntu, on the
other hand, does not report most bugs directly to launchpad, but to
upstream.

Documentation for testing and filing bugs for Xubuntu is :

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs

- --
Charlie Kravetz