Test Cases wiki questions

Andrew McDonnell bugs at andrewmcdonnell.net
Sun Jan 29 04:22:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm new here, still feeling my way around :-)

is it possible to file a bug against the test cases and wiki? or are we
allowed to simply edit this?

I have some questions / issues:

On https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/FAQ

'The Live CD installer crashes -- Can be a wide range of issues, but bugs can
be filed agaist ubiquity and will be triaged from there. '

The link to ubiquity in the above -
https://bugs.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bugs - is broken for
me with a DNS failure

On http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/DesktopLiveSession

the procedure for actually enabling persistence is a little ambiguous I would
like to extend it to something along the lines of

"hit a key when the little icon shows at the bottom of the screen after CD
booting starts,
then press F6, then you have to hit ESC to hide the little ACPI options menu,
then you actually are focussed on the kernel command line and can hit SPACE
followed by persistence"

Or am I over doing it i.e. is this sort of thing assumed knowledge for testers?

Third:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Activities#Bugs -->
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs specifically mentions a
separate Kubuntu page - is anyone aware of a separate Xubuntu page?

Andrew

https://launchpad.net/~andymc73
http://blog.oldcomputerjunk.net