Greetings!

Jim Adams oldmanwithers1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:03:30 UTC 2012

Hello:

My name is Jim Adams.  I have been an avid user of Ubuntu for serveral
years now and have used the bleeding edge for as much as possible (hoping
to get warnings prior to running my daily 'apt-get dist-upgrade' when scary
Xserver bugs are unleashed) and I have been very impressed with the
stability even on alpha releases that I have run on my primary laptop.

I have been out of the loop for a while and didn't get to play much with
12.04 prior to the GA, but I'd like to help in a little way I can with the
next one in the pipe.

My only connect to Ubuntu outside of being an OS geek by nature is Jono
Bacon (who I play music with in Severed Fifth).   I've talked to him from
time to time about my experiences with the OS, and he suggested I sign up
to be more visible to the rest of the community....so here I am. :-)

So far, I can only take credit for finding one bug...back in the 11.10 (or
was it 11.04?) branch.   If I remember correctly is was a funky kernel bug
with 'lshw'.   I was surprised when I filed the report and wasn't the 20th
person to mention it.

I'm no dev/scripting champion...just your average Ops Admin with the
majority of my days spent managing storage fun in the Valley.   I'll try to
be as clear as possible if/when I have anything to share, but with my lack
of programming, I may find it a challenge at times.   Hopefully I'll get
better in that regard by helping the community make the best Linux distro
for desktops out there.     Maybe I can talk somebody at Cannonical into
focusing more on competing with CentOS/RH.  ;-)

Happy Friday.

Jim Adams

http://www.jimdefied.com