Seeking some advice

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 11:44:28 UTC 2012

Hi Greg,

After some questioning, this is the result...

(12:29:44) phillw: Hi folks, could some one please advise as to against
what this bug should be reported...http://pastebin.com/SRLnr5fB
(12:30:21) tjaalton: the kernel
(12:30:52) phillw: tjaalton: thanks!
(12:31:41) tjaalton: although
(12:32:04) tjaalton: what does "get live session working" mean
(12:32:06) tjaalton: ?
(12:32:46) phillw: it means that the tester has to insert nomode to get it
to run?
(12:32:58) phillw: In my distinctly amateur opinion I'd suspect
nvidia-graphics-drivers since it could well be fallout from the new X
stack.
(12:33:04) tjaalton: no
(12:33:11) tjaalton: you don't have that on a live-cd
(12:34:03) phillw: okies, so it is a kernel regression?
(12:34:17) tjaalton: phillw: not necessarily
(12:34:54) tjaalton: is there a boot splash? does X start but hang later?
(12:36:43) phillw: I'm surmising from the tester that he needs to alter the
boot sequence to get X to actually run. Once he knows where to file the
bug, he will be able to give more information. He's an experienced tester,
just unsure as to what to report this one against.
(12:37:04) tjaalton: ubuntu-bug xorg
(12:37:14) phillw: thanks.
(12:37:18) tjaalton: that's a good place to start..

When filing the bug, please do answer the question about the presence, or
lack, of the splash screen.

Thanks,

Phill.