ISO testing: reporting bugs on "current" versions

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 21:32:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 13:23, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:17:53AM -0400, J wrote:

>> I usually put the release in the Bug subject line, something like this:
>>
>> [Maverick A1]Something happened that was bad and this broke.
>
> It'd be best if you did not use the bug's title for inserting
> information like "[Maverick A1]" as this used by Launchpad's duplicate
> finding feature and will likely create false positives.  Instead I'd tag
> the bug maverick, which would be done automatically if you report it
> with apport, and only include the image information (in the description)
> if it may be specific to that ISO and not the release as a whole.

Hey Brian,  Thanks for pointing that out.  Wish someone had let me
know through the Lucid cycle :-)

I didn't realize that could muck with the duplicate checking, but I'll
change behaviour appropriately.

So Mark, don't do as I mentioned (at least WRT to teh subject line in
a bug report.  Follow Brian's advice instead) :-)

Cheers,

Jeff