ISO testing: reporting bugs on "current" versions

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 7 17:23:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:17:53AM -0400, J wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 06:44, Byte Soup <bytesoup at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just signed up for some ISO testing and it seems ive missed the boat on
> > getting the right image now as every image reference on the tracker page
> > points to one thats not there anymore:
> >
> > http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/
> >
> > Anyway if I find a problem with a current version, whats the best way to
>
> The same way we file bugs during ISO testing.  Via Launchpad.
>
> The only catch is, if you do not add the bug to a result in the ISO
> tracker, you need to manually add the tag iso-testing to the bug you
> file in Launchpad.
>
> Normally, if you open Bug 123456 against something during ISO testing,
> and then you note that bug in your testing status and submit, the
> isotracker will automagically add the iso-testing tag to bug 123456.
> BUT, you only need to do this during iso testing, really.
>
> If you find a bug, just open it as you would with any bug for any
> other version at any time.
>
> I usually put the release in the Bug subject line, something like this:
>
> [Maverick A1]Something happened that was bad and this broke.

It'd be best if you did not use the bug's title for inserting
information like "[Maverick A1]" as this used by Launchpad's duplicate
finding feature and will likely create false positives.  Instead I'd tag
the bug maverick, which would be done automatically if you report it
with apport, and only include the image information (in the description)
if it may be specific to that ISO and not the release as a whole.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master