Xorg issue with recent updates

komputes komputes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 20:19:50 UTC 2010

On 07/30/2010 02:29 PM, Nathan M. Murray wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> Side not sorry if this is the wrong list--  I thought it is
> a quality issue...
>
> I have installed alpha two last evening and upgraded to the current updates.
>  This morning I install barry packages to go alone with bbtether.
>
> After the shut down I now try to try Xorg xserver and it tells me that it is
> not able to detect settings automatically.
>
> I have try to reconfigure via the GUI tools that it is prompting me with.
>
> I have also tried a dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg.
>
> These commands do not seem to affect Xserver or make any changes
>
> I tried using -f option with dpkg and it barks about python errors.
>
> Any advice would be welcome.
>
> Thankz,
> Nathan Murray aka yotux

Hi Nathan,

I believe the QA list more for administration of the QA team, its tools
and processes. I think a more appropriate mailing list would be
ubuntu-users (I don't think there is a list for testers of the
development version). If you are on IRC, alpha/beta testers usually hang
out on freenode in the #ubuntu+1 channel.

There are multiple video issues with Maverick alpha, but this is to be
expected in an alpha. When testing an alpha keep your system up to date,
because a fix can come in at any time through an update.  If you can't
get to X and need to update your system, boot holding down shift, at
GRUB enter recovery mode (second entry), select 'netroot' to get an IP,
press ctrl-d, select 'dpkg' to update.

If you still have issues and would like to report a bug for your X issue
run the command:

$ ubuntu-bug xorg

Feel free to ping me on IRC if you need any help.

Cheers,

-komputes