Future of Ubuntu QA team in Launchpad

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 20 15:59:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 15:53 +0100, Ara Pulido wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During last Ubuntu QA meeting we discussed the future of the Ubuntu QA
> team in Launchpad [1].
>
> Right now is a moderated team with a high entry barrier, which turned
> out to be a bit useless: no one is really moderating it and it just
> confuses people.
>
> We discussed some possibilities for the team, but we wanted to drop them
> here in the list for discussion. Feel free to vote for any of them, or
> add your own suggestion. The options would be:
>
> a) Keep it as it right now (moderated team, people have to apply).
> b) Open the team to anyone who is interested in QA activities, and then
> redirect them to the Bugsquad or Testing team depending on their
> knowledge and preferences.
>
> During the conversation, we inclined toward B, but we want them to share
> it with the rest before taking any actions.
>
> Thanks,
> Ara.
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-qa

Im against this idea because its good to have a structure in place. Id
like for the QA team on launchpad to handle the code for the SRU tools
and Checkbox as well as any other QA related projects which shouldnt
have open access privileges. So for bzr access to change certain QA
tools they would need to ask for access (joining the QA team). So then
it can be a controlled team and control the entire umbrella.
The bug squad and the testing team both have open access anyway there is
no reason to open the QA team.

Shane