Quick Feedback from a Beta Tester

Jordan Parker nepthar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 04:21:44 UTC 2010

Ubuntu QA List-

First off, I'd like to say that if I'm posting this in the wrong place,
please let me know.

I'd like to provide some beta-testing feedback.  I'm a reasonably adept user
and I've been familiar with/using ubuntu off and on for about 4 years now.
I really like the 10.04 theme much more than any other ubuntu theme I've
come across.  I do not, however, enjoy the "close, maximize, minimize"
buttons being on the top left instead of the top right.  I've been trying
for about a week now and I just can't seem to get used to them.  I use
windows and OSX frequently.  In windows, they're located top-right, and in
OSX, I only use keyboard shortcuts.

So, if there's an ongoing vote as to the default position of these buttons,
I'd like to respectfully cast a "NAY".

Additionally, I did have some problems transitioning from 9.10 to 10.04b
where the update process somehow messed up GRUB, causing me to have to
manually select which HD to boot from on a BIOS menu, and the fglrx driver
failed to update and had to be updated manually, after which it worked
perfectly.

That's my feedback so far. I hope it's helpful.  Again, I just now signed up
for this mailing list as it seemed the appropriate place to put beta
feedback.  Please let me know if it's not.

-Jordan