A couple of changes to note

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Mar 4 22:27:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 17:00:51 -0500 Wolfger <wolfger at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Greg Grossmeier
><greg.grossmeier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree.  And because I agree, I would personally like this whole
>> 'work flow' to be automated.  If a bug is expirable according to
>> current requirements, have Launchpad Janitor post a "hey, this is old
>> and untouched and incomplete, please respond," then wait the two
>> weeks, then invalidate.
>
>I'm OK with that.
>
>> Yes, I am advocating to re-enable the auto-expiry feature of
>> Launchpad.  As I believe that the percentage of incorrectly
>> invalidated reports by a system like this will be low (I have no
>> evidence for this, just a gut feeling), simply having a page that
>> lists reports that have comments made to them AFTER Launchpad Janitor
>> auto-expired them _should_ be enough to not lose valid reports.
>
>The one big problem I see with this is the subgroups (Mozilla team is
>prominent in my mind) that deviate from the standard Ubuntu rules for
>bug status. Or course, if they could just assign their bugs to
>somebody, and that would alleviate the problem.

Or we could just save evryone a lot of trouble and have Launchpad mark all reports not fixed by the end of a development cycle invalid.  To a first approximation this would produce the same results as the current triage efforts and save everyone a lot of trouble.

>> Of course, this is beyond the scope of the current topic, which is
>> adding the extra step in invalidating bugs, which I am ok with.
>
>I'm OK with it if it's automated, I oppose it if it adds extra work to
>the already insufficient workforce.

You could equally just stop invalidating bugs.  Personally I think Ubuntu would be much better off if triagers put more focus on making bugs better then in getting rid of them.

I almost never see triager comments indicating they've even attempted to reproduce bugs.

Scott K