Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit performance

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 14 01:23:10 UTC 2009

IMO it depends on what your spec is. I have 4GB of ram and I need to
address a lot more hard drive space so 64bit is needed for me. There
shouldnt be too much difference in terms of performance. Like I have a
single core 2ghz processor and my cpu load doesnt go far above 30% in
normal use (watching videos etc). The one thing that id love to get
feedback on is moving large files, moving large files on my computer
maxes out the cpu. Does anyone else get that?

Shane