Regression tracking

Null Ack nullack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:09:26 UTC 2008

This is really good stuff and will no doubt help get through the
signal to noise on a much needed ability to spot regressions.

Steve to respond to your feedback request:

In the case where I'm reporting a regression, the process relies on my
own memory to put the tag there. Having open fields does not get a
good hit rate to process compliance in my experience. When I've been
tasked to fix this in my consulting work before, I've always fixed it
by changing UI's to prompt it. The prompt can be a mandatory
population or a discoverable field in the workflow. Not needing to
rely on memory for process compliance is a needed thing IMHO.

Regards

Nullack

PS Steve : I am unable to edit that test case page you pointed me too
- its imutable. The addition of the mplayer samples db would
significantly extend the amount of coverage for container types,
demuxer types as well as problem media files that test the capability
to survive errors in streams and so forth. Also that URL I pointed to
with the Adobe 10 demo is a good single page test of many of the new
flash 10 features noting right now, its all broken on Linux. I did
cross platform tests on my partners MacBook, OSX at the same current
flash RC level works on it.