Regression tracking

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 18 18:14:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 05:06:18PM +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> > We are preparing a new procedure for tracking regressions in Ubuntu.
> > This should help us prioritise our bug fixing work as we approach the
> > release and over a few releases we can study the trends and work to
> > reduce regressions in Ubuntu overall.
> > Please apply these tags to bugs you come across that fit the criteria
> > and let us know if you would like to see extensions to this tracking or
> > have other feedback.
>
> Thanks everyone who has started on this. We now have good list at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=regression-potential
> which is timely as we approach release.

I recently discovered that the apport retracer is also identifying
possible regressions when retracing bug reports.  At the moment it is
only adding a comment regarding this, however I've spoken to Martin
regarding adding a tag too.  I went ahead and queried the database for
bugs with the comment subject "Possible regression detected" and have
posted[0] a list of these bug numbers and their current status and
importance.  This list may also be worth reviewing, but please don't tag
all of them as we haven't decided on a tag for the retracer to use.

[0]
http://people.ubuntu.com/~brian/tmp/2008-09-18-apport-regressions.txt

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com