Bugs without a package

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 10 21:40:32 UTC 2008

Recently there has been some fantastic progress made with the pile of
bugs without a package, however the numbers are starting to creep back
up.  While working with the xorg.conf python-launchpad-bugs validation
script it occurred to me that it would be interesting to see how many
bugs without a package have an attachment - about 430.  It seems to me
that this might be another way to slice up the large pile.  I'm curious
about the best way of identifying these no package bugs with
attachments.

1) Setup another bug report identifying bug numbers and their
attachments.

2) Tag all the bugs as 'has-attachment' or so.

I prefer 2 since this will then be searchable in Launchpad via the
'has-attachment' tag, which actually it should just be possible to
search for bugs with attachments.

Does anybody have any thoughts about the best way to move forward?

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com