Application for memership in the QA team

Christoph Hack christoph at tux21b.org
Wed Sep 10 17:39:12 UTC 2008

Dear QA-Team!

I have read interestingly about the QA team some time ago and because I
am also having some qualifications in this area I was wondering if you
are still looking for people.

Currently I am a pupil (in the last year) and an ongoing software
developer. Up to now I have some work experience in Java EE and in my
free-time I am working for the German web-team (since 2005), where we
have developed a full-featured Python based portal [1] from scratch
during the last year.

But the main reason why I am writing is that I also have qualified for a
job as quality engineer (QII) some time ago at qualityaustria [2] (the
organization which is responsible for monitoring products in Austria).
The education included statistical evaluations and the design of
experiments for analyze, monitor and improve processes.

Of course there are some parts which might be only valid in Austria, but
I think that they are just some additional agreements and most of my
knowledge is based on ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 anyway.

The certificate itself is based on EN ISO/IEC 12024 and is only valid
due the end of 2013 and because I would like to train and use my
knowledge practical (instead of forgetting everything). I would like to
join the QA team if my qualifications are adequate. Please also note
that I have no experience in the adaption of those methods to the
software industry, but I am ready to learn of course.

Unfortunately I haven't found any more detailed information about the
tasks of the QA itself, so it would be nice if somebody can induct me
and show me some possible tasks I might be able to do.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and please do not hesitate to
contact me if you need further information.

Yours faithfully,
Christoph Hack

[1] http://ubuntuusers.de/
[2] http://www.qualityaustria.com/

--
GPG: 8C6B4D9D - 3636 C1B9 FD21 67A4 F263  070D 7C2D B461 8C6B 4D9D