The right mailing list for reporting glitches?

Marti van Lin ml2mst at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 00:50:30 UTC 2008

Mike Rooney wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Marti van Lin <ml2mst at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there fellow Ubunteros,
>>
>> I'm wondering if this is the right mailing list to report "bugs" in
>> testing (Alpha and Beta) versions of Ubuntu, which can't be reported
>> using Launchpad.
>>

> Hello! I assume you are talking about Intrepid? If so, those bugs can
> and certainly should be filed in Launchpad, although it is useful to
> mention that you are using Intrepid. See
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs if you need more
> information, and make sure to check if someone has already filed the
> same bug first by searching at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu, and
> if so, just add any extra input you may have and subscribe to it.
>
> If you are not talking about Intrepid, let us know what else you might
> mean. And if you are talking about Intrepid, what might have suggested
> that you shouldn't file bugs on Launchpad for it? Ubuntu definitely
> relies on people like you filing bugs in Alpha and Beta versions to
> ensure solid and stable releases.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Rooney
> mrooney at gmail.com

Thanks a lot Mike, I realize I didn't read the text at help.ubuntu too
well. I've been reporting bugs using Apport since Feisty. Never knew I
could provide "free style" reports.

Indeed it's about Intrepid. Alpha and Beta testing is a easy way to give
something in reverse. Beside that I'm running a Ubuntu Service Site in
my area:

http://ubuntusteunpuntdaalhof.googlepages.com/english

As you can see, Ubuntu means more to me, than yet another GNU/Linux
distribution, it's more or less a way of living ;-)

Cheers and thanks again for your help.

--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com