[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu Global Jam in the Philippines

Yolynne Medina yolynne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 03:45:44 UTC 2010

Watch out for this soon!  There's a Manila-Zamboaga-Palawan Ubuntu Jam...
and waiting for more..
Ubuntu Global Jam: We Need Your
Events!<http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/08/02/ubuntu-global-jam-we-need-your-events/>
Ubuntu <http://www.jonobacon.org/category/ubuntu/>

Are you good folks aware of what is happening on *27th – 29th August 2010*.
But of course, it is the Ubuntu Global
Jam<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam>
!

In the  last few cycles we have organized and run an event called the *Ubuntu
Global Jam*. The idea was simple: encourage our awesome global Ubuntu
community to get together in the same room to work on bugs, translations,
documentation, testing and more. And they did, all over the world, as can be
seen here<http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/06/ubuntu-global-jam-rocks-the-world/>
.

One thing that I am keen that everyone remembers: you don’t have to be an
official developer, packager or programmer to take part in the Ubuntu Global
Jam. Also, lets not forget that *Ubuntu Global Jam* events are a fantastic
place to learn and improve your skills: you can sit next to someone who can
show you how to do something or explain something in more detail.

If this is all sounding right up your street and you fancy organizing an
event, go and read this page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams> and then add
your event to the LoCo
Directory<http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/195/detail/>by
following these
instructions <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam/Events>.

Rock and roll: let’s make this one to remember. Start your engines, folks…