[Ubuntu-PH] Ubuntu Global Jam in the Philippines

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 3 21:13:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 12:45 +0900, Yolynne Medina wrote:
> Are you good folks aware of what is happening on 27th – 29th August
> 2010. But of course, it is the Ubuntu Global Jam!

As per my initial discussion with Myra Jill, there will be an offline
and an online Ubuntu Global Jam events. This will ensure that we
accommodate PH members residing outside GMA.

The local meetup will be planned and headed by Myra Jill while we will
import talents from other LoCo teams who will be willing to teach us how
to translate packages and how to triage bugs (Time zones are such a
PITA).

The tentative dates will be as follows:
Aug. 27: IRC Session on Package Translations
Aug. 28: Offline Meetup
Aug. 29: IRC Session on Bug Triaging

Please note that we are still in the very early planning stages so
expect drastic changes in schedule and activities. In the mean time,
I'll coordinate closely with Myra and give the team regular updates.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://blog.knightlust.com/