[Ubuntu-PH] Help : Ubuntu Recycle Bin

Gerald Timothy Quimpo bopolissimus.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:54:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 02:05 -0800, dodjaye macapaz wrote:
> Thanks for the reply..but I am referring to a Ubuntu
> Server(6.06)..only console is available..
> I tried searching for .Trash but couldn't  find it..

OK.  re_alvz has already pointed you at where the file
would be.  Note, again, that .Trash is only used by
.Trash aware programs.  I don't know of ANY command line
programs that are .Trash aware, and even with graphical
programs, the only one that I know is .Trash aware is
nautilus.

If you're running Server and all you've got is a console
then it's likely that you really don't have .Trash folders.
What are you trying to find?  did you delete something and
now you're trying to recover it by looking for it in
the recycle bin?  if yes, how did you delete the file(s)?

tiger