[Ubuntu-PH] Arguments agains persecution by Microsoft-centric office

Jopes jofellxcite at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 06:24:06 UTC 2006

Kung meron lang na puwedeng pumunta talaga sa office ninyo at i-verify, with
full authority, na ang sira ay hindi dahil sa Ubuntu... tsaka i-educate
sila...

On 11/24/06, Franz Allan Valencia See <franz.see at gmail.com> wrote:

> True.
>
> The burden of proof is on them not yours.
>
> If it is a known problem that Ubuntu kills a Dell Latitude C840
> laptop's LCD, then it is safe to assume that Ubuntu did cause the
> problem.
>
> But it is not.
>
> Why should you prove to them that Ubuntu did not cause the problem?
> They should be the one proving that Ubuntu did cause it.
>
> On 11/23/06, Irvin Piraman <ippiraman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/24/06, Barbon Wilson John <wjbarbon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear fellow Ubunteros,
> > >
> > > I have been using Ubuntu for more than a year now and its only that I
> am
> > being persecuted by the office for damaging the office-issued laptop
> because
> > I run ubuntu in it.
> > >
> > > Its a Dell Latitude C840 laptop and the problem is that the LCD went
> dead,
> > on power up it turns to washed out white screen. It has the same issue
> also
> > when its running in Windows. Then they send to Dell for repair and now
> its
> > happen again. The office refused to send to Dell service center again
> > because according to them I damaged it because I am using Ubuntu and not
> > Windows.
> >
> > What a lousy argument!
> >
> > If I were you I'd ask for proof how did they come up with such a stupid
> > conclusion. This is a typical mindset of people who are close-minded and
> > VERY resistant to change. And in my experience, it is futile arguing
> with
> > such a person. But that's just me.
> >
> > Good luck ;)
> >

> > --

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life?
How do you go on... when in your heart...
you begin to understand... there is no going back?
There are some things that time cannot mend.
Some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold."

- Frodo Baggins (LOTR Return of the King)

Belated Labor Day (ano daw?)!

Jofell S. Gallardo
www.jofell.com

Founding Engineer