[Ubuntu-PH] Reaction to Mr. Timbol Jr.

R F rpf0013 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:19:03 UTC 2005

I may not be that visible in both PLUG and Ubuntu-PH mailing lists
but mind you, I have been there, done that. I know that Linux is fast
improving, thanks to the support of companies such as IBM and HP.
However, it still is not enough to guarantee better hardware-software
integration the same level that Dell and Microsoft provide, which is
also what Apple is trying to match. Expect better support for the Mac
next year - when it joins the Intel-based computers.

As for the cost of the Mac, again - please check your prices. It is
not fair to compare the Apple hardware with your PCX-assembled one.
Compare it against a name-brand computer and see that the Mac is
pretty competitive (again, you have to realize that the cost includes
all the software bundled - try to remove the software cost and the
bottom-line is, its hardware is almost the same).

And also, Ubuntu runs on the Mac!

BTW, thanks to my PLUG-co-founder and long time friend and ally Eric
Pareja for cross-posting this to PLUG. I never would have read this
comment without that. Thanks Eric for defending my "puri". hahaha...

Incidentally, guys, if you want something announced on Manila
Bulletin, you know where to find me. Am now part of this list and
will continue to monitor it - just in case I need to clarify some
points.