[Ubuntu-PH] Re: newbie pow

Dean Michael Berris mikhailberis at free.net.ph
Mon Oct 10 08:58:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 15:46 +0800, Radamanthus Batnag wrote:

> Ang sarap basahin nung Filipino version di ba?

Pardon me for disagreeing. I like the English version better because I
can understand it clearly. If the Filipino version was being said
verbally, maybe it'd stand a chance. But unfortunately, it makes it a
lot harder for me to understand "written". Same goes for your whole post
mainly in Taglish.

> Tingin ko nga, baka walang saysay na isalin natin ang mga menu items
> ng Ubuntu sa Filipino. Baka ang mas magandang gawin, ang mas magandang
> unang isalin, ay iyong mga README at HOWTO.

I think it's best that we just use English. ;)

> rad
>
> PS. Pasensya na sa paglelecture tungkol sa Filipino. Trabaho ng nanay
> ko yan. 30 years siyang nagtrabaho sa Komisyon sa Wikang Filipino.

Oh, okay. But I for one never understood why Filipinos insist on using
Tagalog even on the web. Of course, nothing is stopping you or anyone
from doing so.

I believe that if you're going to use English anyway in your sentences,
say/write them in English instead of a hodge-podge of carelessly chosen
Tagalog words and bastardizations of English words.

It just makes more sense in English (in my case).

Just my $0.02.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris <mikhailberis at free.net.ph>
GPG Key: 0x08AE6EAC