[Ubuntu-PH] Afraid of the BSA

Gerald Anthony Piangco gapiangco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:49:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 08:35 +0800, RICAFORTE, Romeo V. wrote:
> > Even though it can view the webcam broadcast of the other party, I still
> couldn't configure it to use my webcam. I would really appreciate it if we
> can have a discussion on this issue "using webcams in linux".

Well, about configuring your webcam to work with you will somewhat be very
challenging specially if your using generic-type webcam (it might lead you
to recompile your kernel). I can't be a lot more specific but this might
help you out --> http://www.linux.com/howtos/Webcam-HOWTO/hardware.shtml

> It would also be good touching on the matter of "playing windows online
> games under linux" since majority of our cafe customers are online game
> players.

This has been a topic for quite some time now, the answer... CEDEGA (
http://www.transgaming.com). The subscription fee won't hurt much (talk
about $5/mo against running most of WinGames ang MMPORGs). Try checking out
the sites I posted. God bless!

.ubunTux