Multi install with existing MAAS starts all services except for “IP Pending” on Glance Simplestreams Image Sync

Jeff McLamb mclamb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:38:17 UTC 2015

Hello -

Due to Adam’s suggestion in a previous thread about Autopilot not
working properly with a proxy running (e.g. masa-proxy) on the MAAS
server, I killed the environment and started over with the Multi
option.

Interesting aside: you must openstack-install -k and openstack-install
-u or otherwise remove ~/.cloud-install entirely because if you just
do a -k and do not remove the landscape related files, it will still
try to install an Autopilot-based setup even if you choose Multi.

Anyway, the Multi install progressed well, bootstrapping juju with the
VM node, followed by deploying services across 3 other physical nodes
that are all big RAM and big core.

One physical node was chosen as dedicated compute, one as dedicated
Neutron, and the third was chosen for infrastructure, deploying what
should be 8 containers.

In the openstack-status view I see that all services have “started”
except for the Glance - Simplestreams Image Sync service which is to
be deployed as Container 5 on the infrastructure machine (Machine 3 in
my case). It is stuck in “IP Pending” state.

I have rebooted the infrastructure node and all lxc containers came
back up, except a lxc-ls —fancy does not show the existence of
juju-machine-3-lxc-5. It does have STOPPED juju-trusty-lxc-template
and juju-vivid-lxc-template. The vivid one was actually RUNNING before
I rebooted the system, but now it is STOPPED.

I can get to the horizon dashboard GUI but I cannot login with a “An
error occurred authenticating. Please try again later.”

Any ideas how to get that last service running so I can hopefully log
into the horizon GUI for the first time?

Thanks,

Jeff