problem with openstack-install

Jeff McLamb mclamb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:56:19 UTC 2015

Hi Adam -

Thanks for the info and the quick response! I really appreciate it.

Just to be clear, the proxy that I speak of is the maas-proxy that was
installed when I installed maas as per the instructions here:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/cloud/install-ubuntu-openstack

I do not actually have a proxy server of my own, but I figured the
proper setup would be for all of the servers that enlist in MAAS to
get their DHCP and DNS from a MAAS-managed interface. There is nothing
requiring this proxy server. The MAAS server is the default gateway of
all of the PXE-booted servers with ip_forwarding enabled in sysctl and
the proper MASQUERADING rules applied in iptables, so I wonder if I
could just get rid of the maas-proxy altogether?

Alternatively, I could set it up such that each of the enlisted
servers in MAAS has one of its non-PXE interfaces in a VLAN that gets
a direct Internet connection via DHCP from the ISP, although I don’t
know if the MAAS nodes with automatically enable and get a lease on an
interfaces that is not its PXE-booted interface, once they are
commissioned.

By all means feel free to share anything on the troubleshooting page.

Thanks,

Jeff