[ubuntu-nz] Hello!

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Tue Jun 12 21:49:46 BST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:37:11 +1200
"Al Twohill" <moebiusproject at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I thought I'd best introduce myself after adding myself to this list, so
> here goes:
>
> I'm Al, and you'll find me in most forums and irc channels as mobiusNZ, or
> something similar. I've recently set up an IT business, and one of my goals
> was to get into linux. I've previously dabbled in linux through my student
> years, but this has been my first serious go at it. I've tried a few distros
> over time (Red Hat, Fedora Core, Gentoo), and have finally settled on
> (K)ubuntu. I now have a laptop, a pc, and a server all running Kubuntu, so
> I'm getting to know it quite well - although I've still got a lot to learn!
>
> Anyway, I'm based in Christchurch and keen to get involved with anything
> Ubuntu-y in the area.
>
> Right, I'm sure you'll all sick of my babbling, so I'm going to get back
> into my programming....
>
> Al
>
> --
> The project has begun...

Hey Al,

Looks like we've got a churchur linux posse in the making. Been in commercial unix/linux for most my working life, after converting from RSX11M/VMS in '84. Have been extolling the virtues of feisty to all who will listen, but having had the latest upgrade fail due to it deciding on a completely incorrect UUID for the root partition... easy enough to fix with the trusty knoppix dvd, but not possible to talk someone through on the phone!!!

Cheers,

Steve