No subject

Tue Jul 10 10:02:55 BST 2007

{dapper,edgy,feisty}-proposed in the last couple of days, and it looks
like there's just been a test confirmation as well, so hopefully they'll
trickle through to the -updates soon.  (I was a little alarmed by the
"Declined for Dapper" note at the top of the launchpad bug, but the
comments on the bug suggest that a fix was ade to dapper-proposed, so
hopefully it will be fine.)

An update for Debian Etch also went into debian-volatile overnight
adding tzdata_2007f-1etch1_all.deb.  It appears to have the correct time
zone information now.  To pick it up you need to:
(a) add deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile etch/volatile main
    as an apt-source
(b) add the PGP key to the apt-keyring;
    wget http://www.debian.org/volatile/etch-volatile.asc
    sudo apt-key add etch-volatile.asc
(c) apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

(You may or may not want to pin etch-volatile to just tzdata; there are
other things like clamav, etc, updated in there.)

I'd hope that the tzdata update would get rolled into the next Etch
point release, but the bug I filed has been closed so we'll have to keep
an eye out for the point release preparation and propose it get
included.  (It's a minimal update of the package so should be okay for
inclusion.)

There's been no update or movement on the bug I filed for Debian Sarge,
but hopefully something happens in the next 8 weeks.

Ewen