[FOSSNepal] ubuntu + aptoncd?

Rajesh Pandey pandey.pandey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 20:08:42 BST 2008

On 4/7/08, Jwalanta Shrestha <jwalanta at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey,
>
> with new release of ubuntu approaching, can we produce a ubuntu + aptoncd
> pack??

This sounds interesting. Specially the *aptoncd*  will install all the extra
stuffs that need to be downloaded and installed from the
internet. This will be more useful to the users with slow or no
internet connection/or home users who want to get the latest software
updates in a single
"aptoncd" cd :P

*the new ubuntu users are intimidated with lack of mp3 support n lots of
> other legal issues. so we'll keep the all packages required on a separate
> cd, so users wont have a problem starting out*..

+1

we might take a minimal cost for the pack too..

> what do u think?? we can announce this on hardygettogether too.
> http://wiki.ubuntu.org.np/HardyReleaseGetTogether
>
> ~jwalanta.

> Community website: http://www.fossnepal.org/

Rajesh Pandey