Fwd: Linux for 47 little monks

prasanna at ubuntu.org.np prasanna at ubuntu.org.np
Wed Apr 9 17:41:53 BST 2008

This seems like a great idea. Ubuntu.org.np, our forum at
forum.ubuntu.org.np can be used for overall community support. However,
since it's about directly supporting the monks, I guess people in the
foss-nepal community will be glad to help. Someone to contact/call in need
(preferably near to the place) will be a great plus and IMO "the basic
need" here. I'm not sure about the status of aptonCD but we can give/(put
in the laptop) a collection of necessary packages from repository and
perhaps make an initial backup (Just in case, someone eventually gets in
the mood to rm -rf / at worst, we should at least be able to load a live cd
and recover it fast).
All we need is someone the kids/monks can contact if needed in Nepal. If
the person forwards the query up on the site, it will be answered fast.