Ubuntu Nordic - Hello, anyone out there?

Rubén Romero y Cordero huayra at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 14 20:47:15 UTC 2011

Hi Christoffer and Søren,

I will answer inline

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Søren Bredlund Caspersen
<soeren.b.c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Christoffer
[...]
> Unfortunately here in Denmark our activity hasn't been as high the
> last one (or two) years has it used to be. Especially our physical
> meetings and real life Launch Parties haven't been very happening.
>
> My hope is that we will kick back into action with the coming 12.04 release

[...]
Norway has a similar situation. We know that we need to get up and
running, but have been slow at doing so.

12.04 is our chance to get ourselves in the right path again and drive
our focus to make Ubuntu even more known in our land.
[...]
> I don't know what it should be, but if you (or anyone else) have any
> ideas of possible collaboration between the Nordic LoCo teams do feel
> free to share :)

[...]
As usual, I have a list:
 * Collaborate as one entity towards Canonical and see what we can
work out. I am specially thinking of access to Press Releases or the
like before the release itself (a joker card we can play towards the
local media in every country)
 * Join our efforts for PR and Marketing and act as one unit. As this
is the first time we will do this, it will be hard and will take a bit
of our time, but once the foundations are in place it will make it
easier for us all to do this for later releases (I hope) and have
greater coverage
 * Common local marketing. If we have, say, 5-10 people per country
distributing/putting material in different locations in Scandinavia
(think poles close to public transportation stations or announcement
boards accross the cities/towns when orienteering ;-) would create a
lot of visibility all over the place. This is specially true if we
manage to cover main train and buss stations as well as airports.
Manage we to connect this to our website(s) and we have a hole in one
for our parties for 12.04 (oh, I forgot, we should have parties all
over the place...)

> Cherrs
> Søren
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Christoffer Holmstedt
> <christoffer.holmstedt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> My name is Christoffer Holmstedt and I'm newly elected Team Contact
>> for the Swedish Ubuntu LoCo Team. I will start of with a presentation
>> of myself and then some ideas for the future.
[...]

Yay, congrats! Happy to see things happening in Sweden and that you
will be joining the boat :-)

>> In the Swedish LoCo we have just started our project "svenska
>> videoguider"(Swedish Screencasts) which will be a returning series of
>> screencasts for each Ubuntu release with what's new aswell as seperate
>> series for specific software that comes with Ubuntu. Our general goal
>> is to showcase what Ubuntu is in the videoformat for thoose that
>> haven't heard of Ubuntu or are new to Ubuntu. Depending on the success
>> of this project(and the general activity of our LoCo)

Do not put all eggs in one bag. And if you do and they break, learn to
start all over again and put them indifferent basg next time ;-)

 future project
>> may include testing, triaging and/or development. Suggestions from the
>> Italien LoCo indicates that ISO testing is a good place to start to
>> show how everyone can help with the development of Ubuntu.

Sounds like a good thing which could probably work. A piece of advice:
start in the small and grow from there.

A vision of
>> mine is to follow up with triaging and development(is
>> ubuntu-nordic-dev still going?).

I am not sure. Sometimes I wonder if people even reads this threads at all...

>> I just wanted say hello to all of you out there in the nordic
>> countries and I hope some of you are still active.

We are, but we need to work a bit more. In Norway, I believe that we
will see changes coming the next few weeks regarding our organization
so we can work towards the 12.04 release.

>> Best regards
>> --
>> Christoffer Holmstedt
>> Team Contact