Results for the email Membership Board Meeting, 2nd February 2023

Dani Llewellyn diddledani at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 5 21:00:24 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

At the 2nd February 2023 email Membership meeting we welcomed one new
Member to official Ubuntu Membership!

Angeline Daniel (they/them) |
https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/angel-membership-application/33426 |
https://launchpad.net/~choonlin

Angel responded to a call for mailing list moderators for the Ubuntu Users
mailing list sent out by the Community Council in September 2011 (
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2011-September/251700.html)
and was promoted to moderator in October (
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2011-October/252951.html -
credited as Choon Lin at that time). They have been an active moderator
ever since; responding to any spam messages, abusive conduct, and other
moderator tasks as needed. This is a very invisible task but they have been
performing these duties with diligence and consistency for over a decade.
As a moderator, they are a very important part of our community maintaining
the welcoming environment, often having to mediate conflict and attacks
aimed at others sent at them via direct messaging. This is a thankless task
and it is the Membership Board's honour to recognise Angel's long-term
commitment and contributions within the community in a role that is often
overlooked.

Congratulations to all the new members!

Dani Llewellyn (she/her), on behalf of the 2nd February 2023 email
Membership Board