[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Sep 27 09:45:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The Ubuntu Community Council would like to invite active members of
this list to volunteer as moderators.

Once the Community Council has some volunteers we will make a
selection and announce on the list.

The role entails keeping the list within the bounds of the mailing
list guidelines [0] & [1]. More specifically this involves keeping
conversations within the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and ensuring
conversations on-topic. As this is a support list we expect moderators
to encourage support, and actively discourage off-topic chatter on the
list.

Ideally moderators would have some experience of mailman moderation
tools and will have moderated similar lists in the past. Ubuntu
Membership [1] is not required for this role, but being a moderator
for a period will contribute towards gaining Ubuntu Membership.

Please email community-council at lists.ubuntu.com to nominate yourself.

Questions/comments are welcome publicly in this thread, or privately
to the Community Council.

Many thanks,
Alan Pope