News team processes

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 15 18:10:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 15.11.2011 14:54, schrieb Nathan Handler:
>> I hope this helps.
>
> Thanks a lot for the answers, this was helpful.
>
> As I would love to work with a similar submission process, I was
> wondering if we
>
>  - should advertise the process better (only few folks making use of it)

Currently we put all details on how to submit on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter (but maybe improvements
can be made here since it's unclear whether people even manage to get
to this page itself).

And in the Feedback section of every issue, eg:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue241#Feedback

And lately one of us blogs about it at least once per cycle

http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=3883
http://princessleia.com/journal/?p=4566

But I'd say the way we get most contributors is by personally
approaching people throughout the community to participate, both Amber
and I have pulled people from our LoCo teams, and I regularly approach
the Ubuntu Women and Ubuntu Beginners teams for help.

If you have other suggestions for advertising the process we'd be
happy to hear them, but I suspect it's just a tedious job and not many
people want to bother rather than a systematic "I don't know how to
contribute" problem.

>  - could share the infrastructure for both weekly and weekly dev news
>
> Sharing the resources sounds like not so much a problem if there's few
> folks using them, maybe I could ask people to start their submissions
> with [dev]. Some of them might even be interesting for the weekly news.

Sounds like a good idea, what infrastructure pieces does dev news currently use?

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com