Changes, Suggestions for content, and more.

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 2 16:48:03 BST 2010

Hey Everyone!

First let me apologize for the delay in getting this to the team, it
seems as though life has gotten a tad busy, but as we are all
volunteers I suspect you all know how that can be.

As was mentioned before UDS we are moving from Drupal to WordPress.  I
haven't nailed down all the details but I am actively seeking to get
that accomplished this week so we aren't in a state of limbo with team
members are feeling like that don't know what's happening or why
(which is sorta where I think we are at the moment - sorry about that)

Not only is the Fridge getting updated, but Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter
is too. That's not all though.  At UDS we took a look at The Fridge
Editors, UWN, and News Teams, as well as the translation teams for UWN
that were listed in Lauchpad.  While there was/were some reasons to
use/have 4 teams - it seems a but much. While I have some ideas on
this  - I would much rather hear what other team members have to say
about this.

Over the next few weeks, there will be requests coming for help on
several areas of the this process, from wiki pages, to howto's, to
suggestions for readability on various newsletter styles and more.

This is a very exciting time and while change is never easy, often
frustrating, and full of growing pains, a polished, professional
product full of even more potential than now will be something the
team can continue to be proud of at the end of the cycle. The
news-team is a great team and I believe that everyone will be willing
and ready to lend a hand, offer suggestions, and test out howto's and
more according to their own talents, and available time.

Thanks in advance!

This week I will update the Bluerprint from UDS for the News Team and
get that sent to the list.  In the meantime, if there is someone on
the team who has some awesome wiki magic happening for them and would
like to spend some time updating and reorg'ing wiki pages please
contact me via the list, or ubuntu-news, or even in a private email
(akgraner [AT] ubuntu [DOT] com, whatever you are more comfortable
with is fine with me.

Also if anyone on the Team sees items of interest that would make a
good Fridge Story, or you think should be included in UWN on Mailing
lists, you can send the links and tips  to the list, or to me (same
email as above paragraph), or for those who prefer here a link to a
simple webform [1] you can fill out if you prefer that will drop your
ideas into a spreadsheet.

Again, Thanks in advance!

[1] - Submit your ideas for UWN or The Fridge here -
https://spreadsheets1.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGVoUHFJdjg0OUo3UmpXTF9uTmtLTGc6MQ

Amber :-)

Amber Graner//akgraner//
http://akgraner.com/
http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/Blogs/Amber-Graner-You-in-Ubuntu

Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds