Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04 Second Edition released

Benjamin Humphrey humphreybc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:15:27 BST 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up, we released the Second Edition of the Ubuntu Manual
for Lucid yesterday to coincide with the point release for 10.04 LTS. Not
much has changed from the first edition, apart from over 300 bug fixes
thanks to the competition we ran a couple of months ago. It also has a snazzy
new simple filesystem
diagram<http://humphreybc.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/filesystem.png>that
I made which everyone is welcome to use.

All the First Edition links and versions on Lulu have been replaced with the
Second Edition. We're pretty pleased with the content now, it's almost 100%
error-free thanks to all the help we've had from our huge team and temporary
contributors who have come and gone. Please check out the team plans for
Maverick and beyond,<http://humphreybc.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/revving-up-the-ubuntu-manual-project-for-maverick/>
think you'll be impressed. Without further ado, grab the latest edition
while it's hot!

http://ubuntu-manual.org/download/10.04e2/en_US/screen

You can follow our team progress on twitter,<http://twitter.com/theubuntumanual>
 facebook <http://www.facebook.com/#!/ubuntumanual?ref=ts> or our own dedicated