New Chief Editor for the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter

John Crawford johnc4510 at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 17:56:43 BST 2010

Changes are taking place at the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter and I wanted to
give everyone the heads up.

After over 2 1/2 years, and 140 issues of the UWN, I am stepping down as
chief editor of the publication. I am not running off, but moving into
more of a supervisory role.

Our new chief editor will need no introduction to a lot of you in the
Ubuntu Community. She's Amber Graner, and I know she'll expand and
improve our publication just as all the previous editors of the UWN have
tried to do. Since joining the Ubuntu Community Amber has tirelessly
worked and volunteered on many teams and projects. She has a great feel
for the community, and I know she'll do a great job with the UWN.

As our Ubuntu Community has grown, so has the UWN. The available news
items, blog articles, and community team news has increase dramatically
since I started working on the publication. This of course is a great thing.

This growth has it's drawbacks too. Within our own community, as teams
grow, as teams change leaders, and as teams branch off from each other,
it's makes it harder for our team to gather the community news. So, I
want to take a moment to remind everyone that the best way to report
your team news is to send an email to the Ubuntu News Team Mailing List
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/Ubuntu-news-team>.

It has been my great pleasure to work on the UWN, and with our wonderful
team of volunteers. Each week they tirelessly endeavour to bring you the
Ubuntu news. Very few Ubuntu teams put out a finished product each and
every week. It's one of the most satisfying things I've ever done.

Coming up in July of this year is our 200th issue of the UWN. Amber,
myself, and the rest of the UWN team are already in the planning stages
for this milestone issue. We will be in contact with many of our
community leaders and teams for interviews, comments, and input for the
issue. We hope to make it an "Issue To Remember" just like the 100th
issue was.

I know the Ubuntu Community will stand behind, and assist Amber in her
new adventure as chief editor of the UWN. I know I will be!!!

PS I've posted this to the Fridge and to the Planet too so that the
whole community will be informed.

--
Signature
*John Crawford (johnc4510)*